Saturday, March 10, 2018

Oma

Saturday, March 10, 2018
by Maggie
March 2013 

She’s been here before — I remember her very distinctive grandmotherly fragrance. This time she has nested in one of our spare rooms. And I kind of think she might be here for awhile. She came in with a LOT of boxes and several large items that have that characteristic tree smell. And my Smoothskins seem very pleased that she is here. 

We are starting to work ourselves into a routine. Almost every morning my Alpha gets up and goes somewhere. Then my Hairless and the Girl take off together. That leaves me with my sweet Buddy, my two mousers, and our new Oma* and her little Muffin**.  We like to sit in the sunroom and read together. We watch the sun and the birds and enjoy being together. And sometimes we listen to some lovely music together. 

Sometimes our new Oma slips us some pretty tasty morsels. For some reason I don’t think my Alpha would approve. But I don’t plan to spill the beans any time soon. As you can imagine, Oma is winning my heart one bite at a time. 

We all follow Oma around all day. Wherever she goes, we go. And the best part about it is that she doesn’t leave us like the others do. She’s here almost all day. That’s pretty sweet. 

I’ve decided that I’m going to enjoy our new Oma. She’s a sweet one, she is. I hope she stays here for a very long time. 

*Oma is German for grandmother. And I am part German Shepherd.
**Little Miss Muffin is also German. I think she’s a schnicker doodle or something like that. 


Oma and my Alpha at the Sweet Sixteen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment