Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Treasures of Life

It's been over three months since my mother passed away. It seems like a hundred years ago. And it seems like yesterday. 

Sometimes I go into her room and I can still smell her there.

Every day I see her things in our home -- her great aunt's hutch, the picture of her and daddy in the alps, the books she was reading before she got so sick -- and I am reminded of her love for life and her devotion to her Lord. 

She was proud of her country. She would have wanted to stay up until the wee hours of the night on Election Day to see the outcomes of the different races. She appreciated the privilege and the responsibility to vote. 

Mother was a writer. I read a few entries in one of her journals last week -- she had such a way with words. So I was thrilled tonight when I came across some Advent devotional guides she had written in recent years. I had already found two or three of them. But now I have a total of seven! And four Lenten guides! 

What a treasure. 

She was a treasure. 

I miss her. But she is doing right now what she had so desperately longed to do for many, many years -- praising God with all her heart. I can't wait to do the same. 


No comments:

Post a Comment