Friday, November 25, 2016

Black Friday

The next Black Friday that I go shopping will be my FIRST Black Friday to go shopping! I guess I'm weird. I was perfectly fine with beating off the crowd this morning at McDonald's, though, to get my oatmeal. (There were maybe six other people there besides us!) No siree. I've never had any desire to participate in the Black Friday madness!

Instead, Bill and I hosted our family Thanksgiving gathering at our house. Pictured here are all ten of us humans and five of our babies. 

 

Patience, Punkin, Lizzie, Zoey, Holly, Brennan, Dakota, Will, Cassie, Bill, Emily, Patrick, Maci, Klecenda, and Muffi

During dinner we reminisced about various things: this being the first Thanksgiving without Mamaw, having a healthy Will with us, and knowing Jesus as our personal savior. 

I am eternally grateful for Mamaw's love for the Lord -- how it spilled over to her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and countless others -- and that her faith has become sight. I am grateful that, although Will was spiritually ready to meet his Maker, God saw fit to leave him here with us for a bit longer. And, most of all, I have such peace in knowing that my family is secure in the hands of our Almighty Father. 

To me the day after Thanksgiving is anything but black. 

“Praise the Lord. Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭106:1‬ ‭NIV‬‬


No comments:

Post a Comment