Saturday, November 12, 2016

I feel so insignificant.

According to yesterday’s look at Genesis, we’ve pretty well established that God made us and we are his pride and joy.
That in and of itself is huge.   Or at least is SHOULD be. 
But perhaps we need more convincing. Perhaps we still feel pretty insignificant in this vast expanse of earth and outer space.
Jeremiah 1:5 says,
   “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
    before you were born I set you apart.”
Did you catch that?
(1) He created us – just like in Genesis.
(2) He knew us – He established a relationship with us.
(3) He ordained us.
What more do we need to truly understand that He loves us and cherishes us? Is it because we don’t feel worthy of His love that we don’t believe what He says? Tell me this.
Who determines if we are worthy of God’s love or not?
Us?
Society?
Here comes the answer – via a few questions.  Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God? Do you believe that he died on the cross to save you from your sin? Do you believe that He rose from the dead? Have you asked Him to make his home in your heart? Have you promised to follow Him all the days of your life? Then guess what? According to God’s word, you ARE worthy.
Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. (Matthew 10:38)  
Whoever takes up their cross and follows me IS worthy of me. (logical conclusion of Mt 10:38)
So…
He created us.
He has a relationship with us because He lives inside our hearts.
He set us apart to do His work.
And He made us worthy of His love.

We are His pride and joy and we need to celebrate that!

No comments:

Post a Comment