Friday, November 18, 2016

Do Unto Others. . .

Yesterday I wrote about taking care of each other. Here are a few examples from the past couple of days. 

(1) Some friends of ours celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary this week and had a big gathering last night in Bowling Green. We left Richmond after work at about 4:15 and drove down there. We had dinner and enjoyed some wonderful fellowship with quite a few of our old friends from our previous church. Then we got back in the car and drove home. (I use "we" very loosely because I slept most of the way home. I had to get up at 4:45 this morning.)
(2) Today after work Bill picked me up from the hospital and we drove to Hopkinsville for a funeral visitation. 
(3) Tonight we landed at my sister's house. She fed us well. We visited. And now we are going to get some much-needed sleep. It is so nice to be in their cozy, warm home and not driving back to Richmond. 

I mention these things because they really are everyday occurrences in our household. Bill and I go out of our way to minister to and love on our brothers and sisters. And our brothers and sisters minister to us. Sometimes when people feel like they can't keep their head above water, you and I show up to help them out. And when we have fallen flat on our faces, God uses someone to minister to our needs. 

We should be eager to minister to those around us no matter how inconvenient it is. Christ went out of his way to help so many. So should we. 

No comments:

Post a Comment