Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Give thanks at least once a year.

Thank you.
For what?
I don’t know – for everything.
Everything?
Well…thank you for being you.
Thank you for loving me in spite of who I am.
Thank you for all the blessings you have given me.
Thank you for the sunrise – I know it will be here tomorrow like it always is because you’re predictable like that.
Thank you for thanking me.

Bill talked last Sunday about the 10 lepers that Jesus healed (see Luke 17:11-19). Only one came back to thank Him for meeting his desperate need. Were the other nine that ungrateful? Were they just so excited that they forgot their manners?

I don’t know about you, but I love it when someone thanks me for something. I like being recognized. It makes me feel good to know that someone noticed.

What about God? Don’t you think we should thank Him more than once a year for the many ways He has blessed us?  Don’t you think it makes Him feel good to know that we have noticed Him and what He has done?

Thursday is Thanksgiving. That’s a good day to give thanks to the Lord for – I don’t know – everything.

But don’t forget to thank your hostess after dinner for providing a good meal for you.

Don’t forget to thank your family and friends for getting together.

Don’t forget to thank the gas station attendant for being there when you forgot you needed to fill up. That’s right. Don’t pay at the pump – go inside and pay so that you can say, “Thank you.”

I challenge you to find ten people to say “thank you” to on Thursday.


But most of all, “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever.” Psalm 136:1 

No comments:

Post a Comment