Friday, June 30, 2017

What's Your Favorite Hymn?

Friday, June 30, 2017
  • Amazing Grace
  • How Great Thou Art
  • And Can It Be (Amazimg Love)
  • It Is Well With My Soul
  • In The Garden
  • Victory In Jesus
  • A Mighty Fortress Is Our God
  • Bringing In The Sheaves
  • Without Him
  • Peace In The Valley 
  • O For A Thousand Tongues To Sing
  • I Surrender All
  • Just As I Am
  • Come Thou Fiunt Of Every Blessing
  • At The Cross
  • Leaning On the Everlasting Arms 
  • Grace That Is Greater Than All Our Sins
  • Holy, Holy, Holy
  • Immortal Invisible
  • More Love To Thee
  • Nothing But The Blood 
  • Open My Eyes
  • Savior Like A Shepherd Lead Us
  • Blessed Assurance
  • All Hail The Power Of Jesus' Name
  • When I Survey the Wondrous Cross 
I can't say that this is my absolute favorite, but whenever I hear "Without Him" my mind goes back to Espiritu Santo, Brazil. One of the translators for our mission trip sang this with me in Portuguese for one of the worship services. It was pretty sweet. 

"Take The Name Of Jesus With You" was the closing song we sang every week at the little corner church where I attended as a teenager  in Bowling Green. Now when we sing it on Sunday nights, I think about my old church family way back then. 

I think songs are so very important in our worship of the Lord -- whether it's in church or in the car or wherever. I can only imagine the harmony we'll experience one day as we worship Him together in heaven!

We have been blessed with many wonderful hymns over the years. Does one of these stick out to you as being especially important? Why?

Lord, thank you for giving us music and harmony. I can't imagine going through life without it. And I can't wait to experience its fullness one day in heaven!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment