Thursday, June 15, 2017

Romans 5:8

Thursday, June 15, 2017

“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”  ‬‬

Here's the difference between God and man when it comes to forgiveness. 

MAN:
  • You love me and I'll love you back. 
  • You do something to offend me or to hurt my feelings and I'll never speak to you again. 
  • You ask me to forgive you and I might. But I'll never forget what you did. 
  • You don't ask for forgiveness, I'm definitely not giving it to you. 
GOD:
  • I love you no matter what!
  • You ask me for forgiveness and I'll grant it, welcoming you with open arms. AND I'll forget what you did and never bring it back up again. 
  • You don't ask for forgiveness, I'll extend my love to you anyway.
  • Furthermore, I knew before you were even born that you would sin (because that's your very nature). So I sent my son to die in your place ahead of time. 
Now THAT is love!

Lord, thank you for loving us even when we don't deserve it. Thank you for sending Christ to die on the cross so that we might live. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment