Saturday, June 24, 2017

Make Disciples

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Here are some of the things new believers need to know about and learn how to do. 
  • Baptism
  • Daily Quiet Times
  • Bible Study
  • Memorization of Scripture 
  • Scripture Meditation
  • CorporateWorship
  • Fellowship with other believers
  • Sharing their faith with others
New believers need to be confident in their own testimony. It is theirs. No one can take it away from them. They just need to share how they came to understand why they needed Christ and how he has changed them since he came into their lives. 

One way to prepare to share your faith with someone else is to write out your story on a single piece of paper. It should be short and sweet. It should contain the "ABCs" of becoming a believer. 

Admit -- When I first came to faith I had to admit that I was bad and that there was nothing I could do to truly be good. 

Believe -- I had to believe that Jesus Christ was the son of God and that he died on the cross to take away my sin. 

Confess -- I went to my family because I knew they would understand. I told them (confessed to them) that I had just asked Jesus to live in my heart.

And, as I said earlier, it is always a good idea to share how Christ has changed your life. 

Lord, you told us to go make disciples. Lay on our hearts the ones that you want us to mentor. Thank you for your direction in their lives and in ours. 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment