Saturday, April 6, 2019

Devotional Guide -- April 6

Saturday, April 6, 2019
Jesus, the Christ

“For thou didst form my inward parts, thou didst knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise thee, for thou are fearful and wonderful. Wonderful are thy works. Thou knowest me right well; my frame was not hidden from thee, when I was being made in secret, intricately wrought in the depths of the earth. Thy eyes beheld my unformed substance; in thy book were written every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.” Psalm 139:13-16

I understand that the astronauts can determine as they pass over an open field whether or not a person standing in that field is a man or a woman. How can that be possible when, as we look up, we can barely, if at all, pick a spaceship out of the starlit sky? We cannot see them, but they can see us well enough to know our sex!

That’s pretty amazing, but it pales into insignificance when we compare it to God’s knowledge of us. We cannot imagine ourselves en utero, but with no ultra-sound, God saw us in our mother’s wombs! With no calendar to mark the date of our birth, he calculated the extended time of our lives! Omnipresent, he is with me and knows what I am doing right now. Omniscient, he knows why I am doing it. God’s knowledge of us is not just what sex we are, but according to David, God knows us “right well.”

Next time we feel that nobody understands us, we’d do well to remember that the God of the universe knows us intimately.

Prayer: Father, we have such a difficult time remembering a few friends. Thank you that you know us well! Amen

“I am the resurrection and the life.” John 11:25
Lenten Devotional Guide
prepared for Homosassa United Methodist Church, Spring 2009
by Patience Nave, Christian Education Director






No comments:

Post a Comment