Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Our Veterans, Their Stories

Laurel County Public Library
Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Andrea and I went to London, KY last night to see a movie at the Laurel County Public Library. It was a very well made documentary presenting the military experiences of five local guys. It was funny, heartbreaking, and thought provoking. 

One of the soldiers told a story about driving a tank. He said he thought he was in control when in actuality he wasn’t. He was reminded that he needed to relinquish control to the Lord — even in a tank. My battlefield is not on some foreign soil but in my own back yard. I must yield to my Master so that I can make appropriate progress for Him. 

All of the guys talked about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I can’t fathom it. I just shook my head in disbelief as I heard their painful stories. 

When they came home from Vietnam, there was no hero’s welcome. Instead there was animosity. People threw lettuce at them as they walked from their plane toward the air terminal. How painful. 

If you have the time, you should watch the movie on the Laurel County Public Library website. It’s a little over an hour long. But it will be so worth your time. These guys are incredible people. Check them out. 
laurellibrary.org 


No comments:

Post a Comment