Friday, November 17, 2017

Honor

Friday, November 17, 2017

hon·or
ˈänər/
noun
  1. 1
    high respect; esteem.
    "his portrait hangs in the place of honor"
    synonyms:distinctionrecognitionprivilegeglorykudoscachetprestigemeritcredit;
    • 2
      a privilege.
      "the great poet of whom it is my honor to speak tonight"
      synonyms:privilegepleasurepridejoy;
      verb
      1. 1
        regard with great respect.
        "Joyce has now learned to honor her father's memory."
        synonyms:esteemrespectadmire, defer to, look up to
        • 2
          fulfill (an obligation) or keep (an agreement).
          "make sure the franchisees honor the terms of the contract"
          synonyms:fulfillobservekeepobeyheedfollow, carry out, dischargeimplementexecuteeffect
        Have you noticed recently that many families are ruled by the children? They dictate what they will eat and when. They go to bed when they feel like it — if at all. They talk badly to their parents and no one corrects them. 

        I wonder when this trend started. And I wonder if it would be so prevalent if we still used the Ten Commandments as a guideline for living? 
        Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you.”
        Deuteronomy‬ ‭5:16‬ ‭NIV‬‬
        Perhaps we should shift our focus toward this commandment. And while we’re at it, perhaps we should evaluate how we honor our Heavenly Father. Like gratitude, I’m pretty sure it’s hard to honor someone without action. I can say I honor Him. But unless my actions support that sentiment, they are only words. 
        ...Those who honor me I will honor, but those who despise me will be disdained.
        1 Samuel‬ ‭2:30‬ ‭NIV‬‬
        How can we honor the Lord? 
        How can we honor our parents? 
        Let’s put our words into action. 







        No comments:

        Post a Comment