Sunday, November 19, 2017

Memory Verse 2017 -- Week 46

Sunday, November 19, 2017

From last week, we learned the first four components of the prayer for salvation:
  1. Lord Jesus, I am a sinner, but I’m sorry for my sins. 
  2. I want to turn from my sins; I am willing to begin a new life with Your help. 
  3. Thank You for shedding Your blood on the cross so my sins could be forgiven. 
  4. Lord Jesus, please forgive my sins and come into my heart and life right now. 


I’m not sure why we try to make salvation more complicated than this. God made it simple enough for children to grasp it yet adults struggle to make it harder. We try to make ourselves good enough first. Or we beat ourselves up over not being worthy of God’s gift. We’ve got to stop that nonsense. 

God does not intend for any to be lost but desires that all find eternal life through Him. It’s up to us to accept His gracious gift and to share what we’ve found with the world. 

(If you have any questions about these steps and how they apply to your life, feel free to comment on my blog, message me on Facebook, or call me.)

Spend the week focusing on these steps: 
  • Write them in your journal. 
  • Ask the Lord to show you how they apply to you. 
  • Put them on a piece of paper and post it in a prominent place in your home so that you can see it often. 
  • Pray that God will give you the opportunity this week to share these steps with someone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment