Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Name-Calling

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

I don’t like it in a car. 
I don’t like it near or far. 

It comes from people everywhere. 
On news tv and in town square. 

They bully people on the bus. 
They call them names and make a fuss. 

I do not like it from the top. 
I do not like it. Make it stop. 

What good it does I do not know. 
The hatred only wants to grow. 

I do not like it. No, I don’t. 
So I won’t do it. No, I won’t. 


Whoever derides their neighbor has no sense, but the one who has understanding holds their tongue.
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭11:12‬ ‭NIV‬‬

According to Merriam Webster, deride is a verb with the following meanings:
  • to laugh at or insult contemptuously
  • to subject to usually bitter or contemptuous ridicule or criticism
  • to express a lack of respect for or approval of
Apparently we are senseless. 
We need more understanding. 

Seems like we should go back to what our grandparents told us. 
“If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment