Monday, October 2, 2017

Are you Weary or Burdened?

Monday, October 2, 2017
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
‭Matthew‬ ‭11:28‬ ‭NIV‬‬
I like this verse. It reminds me that I am not in charge and that I need to give everything in my life to God. 

Come to me...
Perhaps this indicates that I might have wandered a bit -- if I have to come [back] to Him. 

...all you who are weary and burdened...
That just might mean EVERYbody. 

...and I will give you rest. 
Christ is the source of renewal. A good night's sleep, although helpful, doesn't heal the despair that comes along with heavy hearted exhaustion. Only the Lord can do that. 

Lord, thank you for the invitation. You are so gracious. You know what we need even before we do. We look forward to what you have in store for us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment