Saturday, August 27, 2016

Yesterday was my sister's birthday.
There are three of us girls. We were born and raised in the south. Although we hail from North Carolina and claim the dogwood flower as our own, the Magnolia grows all across the south (I've got one in my side yard) and reminds me of who we are. We are beautiful, strong and resilient. We stand tall and confident because we come from good stock (physically and spiritually).

During our birthday brunch I made the decision to drag out this blog I had created years ago under the name, "Magnolia Blossoms,"and actually post something.  I have many questions:

  1. Who would want to read my blog?
  2. Why would they want to read it?
  3. What kind of meaningful information could I post?
  4. How often will I compose something?
  5. Is this the right platform for a blog?
  6. Can my sisters share my blog with me?
  7. Who on earth would actually read my blog?
What was so special about this particular birthday and what tied it to the art of blogging?  This was the first birthday we have celebrated since our mother passed away four weeks ago.  Mother had a blog - yes, my 85-year-old mother posted her last blogs in 2015 when she was undergoing chemotherapy for leukemia. I decided that if mother could blog at 84, surely I could do it. (I'm not old enough to freely offer my age quite yet.  Perhaps that will come when I get a little closer to 80!)

So here goes nothing. Stay tuned. 
Happy Birthday! And may there be MANY more!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you,Patience. This could be the start of something big. I have found that good-byes sometimes bring unexpected hellos. Wishing you the best...
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete